- 2 medium roman tomatoes
- Cubed 1 1-pound English cucumber
- 1/2 medium red onion, cubed, or 4 scallions, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely minced fresh, flat-leaf parsley
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Toss all of the vegetables in one large bowl, and pour over it the parsley, whisked in a small bowl lemon juice, olive oil, salt and paper.
Other additions: whole Romaine lettuce, Carrot cubed, 1/2 to 1 cup crumbled or cubed feta, 1 bell pepper, cut into cubes, 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained, 1/2 to 1 cup coarsely chopped olives, 1 to 2 tablespoons finely minced mint or dill or pita chips (see below). You could also whisk a couple tablespoons of tahini into the dressing for a thicker, sesame-coated flavor.